Creating a new Application
To get started with creating a Tabris application, you should consume Tabris from the p2 repository, available on the download page. The following sites can be used to consume Tabris as an Eclipse Target Platform:
Contains all the latest releases.
Can be used as a stable target. We will not purge any version. Contains picked nightly builds.
Contains the last 10 nightly builds.
Installing a Tabris target
- First, create a project to host your target definition files. (File > New > Project > General > Project).
- In this new project, create a new target definition: File > New > Other > Plug-In Development > Target Definition. Chose a name like Tabris-2.0.target and press Finish.
- The target editor will open and show the contents of this target definition. Now, you must add the runtimes from a p2 repository (a “software site”). Press Add, select Software Site. Another dialog will show up, named Add Software Site.
- Again press Add and enter the URL of the stable repository.
- Select Tabris and Tabris SDK and uncheck the “Include required software” checkbox.
- Activate the target platform by clicking the link Set as Target Platform in the upper right corner of the target definition editor.
- After you have set up the target platform, create your application and deploy the .war to a servlet container of your choice, e.g., Tomcat 7. The application will be available using this URL:
CONTEXT_PATH is usually the name of the .war.
Now it’s time to run a mobile client.