Many of us at EclipseSource are using OSGi as base-technology in different projects since a long time, some of us in really old projects. From time to time we were enviously glancing at the new possibilities that came with recent OSGi releases. Whenever you hear about something new, as a developer you want to try it yourself. Does it work? How does it really help to solve your day-to-day problems? Does it hold its promises?
A time came when we thought that we need to try out these new concepts, and we decided it’s also time to let others participate in our findings.
Join our newly created Kitchen Talk with OSGi tutorial at EclipseCon next week!
It’s a hands-on tutorial that covers the most interesting topics and new OSGi concepts available with Equinox Luna:
- Declarative Services by annotations
- HttpService (declaratively publish Servlets and Filters)
- Configuration Admin Service
- Learn the basics: How to create bundles using Bndtools?
- Create JUnit tests for your bundles.
- Create integration tests for your bundles and check if services are wired correctly.
The JUnit and integration tests that we’ve written upfront will help you to verify your own solutions during the tutorial.
We are looking forward to seeing you at our tutorial, and hope to have many fruitful discussions there.