Traditionally, modeling is a very active and well represented topic at Eclipse and consequently at EclipseCons. EclipseCon North America 2016 is a good place to find out about the latest and greatest in Eclipse modeling, as usually there is a dedicated modeling track at ECNA with some very interesting highlights:
- User-centric diagram editors: Jan will provide us with some insights on how diagram edits can and should be done.
- Playing with Lego: Remi from the Papyrus team prepared a trip back to your childhood, so you can finally play with Legos again
- Modeling Symposium: A special format with a mix of short talks hand-picked by the organizers and always a good place to catch the latest news on “what’s next” in modeling.
- CDO’s new Clothes: Eike will show us the brand-new UI for CDO
- Ecore Editor Reloaded: My colleague Jonas will show a new Ecore editor build-from-scratch to edit your Ecore models faster and more comfortably
Finally, apart from great technical content, EclipseCon is always an opportunity to personally meet the developers of many Eclipse frameworks and engage in networking. For example, we (EclipseSource) will deliver talks in the modeling track on EMFForms, JSONForms, EMF Client Platform, Edapt, and EMFStore. At least one of the key developers from each project will be available for discussion. There is plenty of room for networking with the breakfast and lunch breaks, evening events, and BOFs.
I am looking forward to meet you at EclipseCon North America, registration is open!