Jonas Helming, Maximilian Koegel and Philip Langer co-lead EclipseSource. They work as consultants and software engineers for building …
EMF Dos and Don´ts - Series FinaleJuly 15, 2013 | 1 min Read
EMF is a very powerful framework and with power comes…responsibility. You can achieve great things with a minimum of effort using EMF, but if something goes wrong, you can also spend hours trying to find out why.
This blog post is (for now) the final post of a series on things you should do and things you should not do when using EMF. It provides a summary of all Dos and Don´ts and direct links to all individual posts:
- EMF Dos #1: RTFM – a.k.a. please read the manual
- EMF Don´ts #2: Change generated setter and getters in the model plugin
- EMF Dos #3: Rename generated methods before changing them
- EMF Don´ts #4: Default initialization in EMF Factories
- EMF Dos #5: Use multiple ECores not Subpackages
- EMF Dos #6: Design a clear containment structure
- EMF Dos #7: Remember to dispose of Adapters
- EMF Dos #8: Use EContentAdapters Carefully
- EMF Dos #9: Use EMF ItemProviders
- EMF Dos #10: Use EMF ComposedAdapterFactory
Looking for more information on EMF, please see my EMF Tutorial.